I like sauerkraut in every way and I found this recipe in an old magazine practically and I couldn't resist trying it!
- 500 gr flour
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml oil
- 1 small sour cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt (if the cabbage is not too salty)
- nutmeg (I didn't have)
Preparation time: less than 90 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Cabbage:
- put the flour in a bowl and make a hole in the middle where you put the salt and start kneading with water and oil until you get a hard enough crust and let it rest
- wash the cabbage, finely chop it, squeeze it and cook it in oil with a little water, salt (if necessary) pepper and spices for at least 30-40 min
- spread a sheet of dough from the dough and cut it into squares with a side of 10 cm and put on each square a spoonful of cabbage composition and bring the corners of the dough in the middle as at the bottom of the waist (specify in the recipe in the magazine)
- place all the pies in a tray lined with baking paper and bake at 190C for 35-45 min
the original recipe also included 1 teaspoon of sugar and one teaspoon of cabbage flour, but I don't like it that way ...
Sift the flour. The eggs are washed, disinfected and rinsed with cold water. Peel a squash, grate it and boil it in about 2 liters of water. After boiling, drain the water and mix thoroughly until a puree is obtained. The cabbage is washed, desalted and finely chopped. The oil is heated to 35-40 ° C.
Preparation of mayonnaise
The brewer's yeast dissolves in approx. 600 ml. lukewarm water (35-40 ° C). Gradually add the flour, obtain the mayonnaise over which a little flour is sprinkled and leave to ferment (leavened) at a temperature of 35-40 ° C until it increases its volume 2-3 times.
Knead the mayonnaise with the pumpkin puree, about 2 liters of lukewarm water (30-40 ° C) and flour. After incorporating the entire amount of flour, gradually add the hot oil (30-40 ° C) and knead until completely incorporated. The kneading is considered finished when the dough comes off the walls of the vessel and air bubbles appear on the surface, after which it is left to rise with the covered vessel for 60-90 minutes. During fermentation, 1-2 refractions are performed, by inserting the edge of the dough inwards.
Preparation of the filling
Saute the cabbage in oil, add the pepper, stir continuously so that it does not stick to the bowl and add about 500 ml of water. After simmering, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Sales modeling and baking
The dough is divided into 100 equal pieces, rounded on a plate greased with oil. Each piece of dough is spread in a round sheet with a diameter of about 10 cm. In the middle of each sheet, place the filling evenly, then fold, bringing the edges to the middle. Place in a greased pan, leave to rise for about 15 minutes, grease with egg on the surface, place in the oven and bake at moderate temperature (180-220 ° C).
For the pie dough, heat the water and pour a little over the yeast mixed with the sugar and put in the middle of the flour previously sifted in a large bowl. Mix well to liquefy the yeast and sugar and let the resulting composition develop for 10-15 minutes.
Then, gradually pour the hot water, alternately with the oil, lightly heated and this and gather the flour from the edges. Sprinkle with salt, or we can dissolve it in hot water and knead a dough that is not very firm, but non-sticky. Let it rise for 45-50 minutes.
For the filling, we prepare a classic recipe for sauerkraut. Chop the cabbage and keep it in cold water for 10-15 minutes, only if it is too sour. Chop the onion into scales and fry it in hot oil, then add the well drained cabbage and fry it together with the onion. Add the spices and let the cabbage penetrate well, then let it cool.
When the dough has doubled in volume, we turn it into a roll and cut smaller pieces out of it. We spread them in circular shapes, on the lightly floured work surface and we spread 2 tablespoons of the cabbage filling. We then roll them, not very tightly, and roll them once more in the shape of a snail. Then lightly flatten them with the rolling pin and leave them to rest for another 10 minutes.
Heat the oil and brown the delicious pies with sour cabbage or Transylvanian cabbage, turning them from one side to the other. We serve them slightly warm, but they are very good and cold.
Moldovan "sales" & # 8211 the most delicious and filling cabbage pies! A recipe that always saves me!
Moldovan "sales" are seemingly common salty pies, but the hardened cabbage filling makes them absolutely special. They are perfect for the cold period of the year, being welcome both on ordinary days and on holidays. Because they are very economical pastries and do not require more sophisticated ingredients, they can be prepared every time family members crave delicious homemade cakes. Also, be sure that these wonderful pies will surprise guests in the most pleasant way. The recipe will be in high demand.
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
-vegetable oil for frying
-1 yolk to grease the pies
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Prepare the dough: sift the flour. In a deeper bowl, pour the water, oil and salt. Mix well.
2. Gradually add the flour in small portions. Stir constantly. Knead the dough well. Get a soft, elastic and tender dough. It can be stretched into the thinnest countertops as it will not break.
3. Shape the dough into a round shape and wrap it in cling film. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the filling: put the sauerkraut in a strainer and let it drain. If the cabbage is very sour, you can wash it with cold water.
5. Peel the onions and chop them. Fry them in a pan with hot oil until golden brown. Remove the onion from the pan and arrange in a bowl. Fry the cabbage in the same pan for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and mix the fried cabbage with the onion. Allow the filling to cool.
7. Give the dough a cylindrical shape and divide it into 2 parts. Then divide each portion of dough into 8 parts. Get 16 servings of dough.
8. Spread each portion of dough in a rectangular tray, about 10 x 20 cm.
9. Place 1-1.5 tablespoons of filling on the edge of the countertop. Bend the edges and roll the top into a roll or envelope.
10. Arrange the pies on a baking tray lined with paper. Grease them with beaten egg yolk.
11. Bake the pies in the preheated oven at 180-200 ° C for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Baking time depends on each oven.