From the need to introduce to my child foods as diverse and healthy as possible at the same time, resulted this delicious pumpkin stew.
The first time I introduced them the pumpkins were in the form of a puree. They didn't like it at all, so I really needed another way to prepare them.
- 4 zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- parsley or other spices (thyme, for example)
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Delicious pumpkin stew:
In a deep frying pan, put the finely chopped onion in a tablespoon of olive oil and half a glass of water. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes (clean the seeds beforehand) and chop the peppers. After the onion has hardened, add the tomatoes and peppers over it and leave it until the vegetables are well soaked and until the tomatoes leave their juice.
Separately, put a tablespoon of olive oil in a pot and add the diced zucchini. Leave it on the fire until it softens.
Then put the onion-red-pepper mixture over the pumpkin, mix well, add the four tablespoons of cream and leave on the fire for a few more minutes, until the flavors blend.
Season with salt, pepper and whatever else (this time I put a teaspoon of Provence herbs).
- The stew has a much more special taste in summer, when there are tasty and juicy tomatoes. In winter, tomatoes have a plastic texture, you are almost afraid to eat them.
Pumpkin diet, health benefits
Zucchini, a vegetable originating in Central America, contains 95% water, which makes it an easy food to digest and recommended not only in weight loss diets, but also in detox diets. It is rich in minerals and trace elements, whose properties are preserved only if you opt for steaming zucchini. 100 g of steamed pumpkins provide you with an intake of 700 mg of potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. The hypertensive effects of potassium help the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system, which is why pumpkin diet it is also recommended for people who face this type of problem.
Zucchini is rich in vitamins C, B3 and provitamin A, contained especially in the peel. It is also an excellent source of soluble fiber (pectin and cellulose). Young pumpkins contain pectins, which are responsible for softening them when cooked. Older vegetables contain cellulose, which is responsible for their fibrous consistency. These fibers facilitate intestinal transit, being also beneficial in the treatment of gastritis. In addition, fiber also helps to reduce the layer of fat on the abdomen.
Pumpkin Pudding & # 8211 a delicious and hearty snack!
A hearty, filling, soft and extremely fragrant snack, which you can prepare very quickly, simply and with minimal ingredients.
-20 mint leaves (optional)
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
2. Temper, in a pan with olive oil, onion and garlic, peeled and cut into small pieces. Add the grated zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Drain the zucchini to remove excess liquid. In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add the starch, chopped mint leaves and zucchini.
4.Mix the ingredients and pour the composition into a greased pan. Bake the pudding for about 1 hour.
Serve hot or cold with a fresh vegetable salad. For the cold pudding, you can prepare a yogurt sauce with mustard and garlic.
Delicious pumpkin pudding and minced meat!
A pudding with a wonderful taste of pumpkin, minced meat and cheese. The perfect dish for diversifying lunch or dinner - hearty, filling and juicy. The recipe will be especially appreciated by pumpkin lovers.
-80 gr of dry rice (buckwheat)
-1/4 teaspoon of Provence herbs
-salt and black pepper - to taste.
-salt and black pepper - to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Pass the zucchini through the large grater, add salt, mix and leave for 7-10 minutes.
2.In the blender bowl, place the garlic, onion and chicken breast. Chop all the ingredients until you get a mince. Transfer to a bowl, add salt, black pepper and paprika.
3. Mix well with a spatula and form 7 balls with wet hands.
4. Squeeze the zucchini liquid, add the boiled rice, grated cheese, eggs, herbs, black pepper, crushed garlic and chopped dill. Mix very well and add your favorite spices for a rich taste, because the rice tastes neutral.
5. Form balls from the pumpkin composition, place them in the form greased with oil and make a hole in each.
6.With wet hands, form the sticks from the meatballs, put a piece of cheese in the middle and cover it with minced meat.
7.Put a meatball in each recess and shape in the preheated oven to 180 ° С for 40 minutes. 5 minutes before ready, remove the form from the oven and grease the pudding with a mixture of egg yolk and milk. Turn the pudding in the oven to brown.
Preparation Delicious vegetables on the tray
Peel the potatoes, zucchini and eggplant. Wash and cut the rounds each, including the olives. In a bowl add the 3 eggs, milk and other ingredients. Beat all these ingredients until smooth.
Take a tray in which oil will be added to the bottom of the tray. Add the potatoes and sprinkle a little cheese. After that, add the sliced pumpkins. Over the pumpkin, add the olives cut in half. Then sprinkle a little spice over the contents. After that we will add the sliced eggplant. After we add the eggplant, we will add beaten eggs from the bowl to the whole tray.
After that, add the dill cheese and roll it over all the food. At the end we will add the whole cheese with a few ingredients. After everything has been homogenized in the tray, the tray is to be baked. Put the tray on medium heat and keep in the oven for 45 minutes.
During this time, turn the tray every 15 minutes until the contents become crispy.
Pumpkin pudding, minced meat and tomatoes. I love this delicious recipe!
Today we delight your taste buds with a delicious recipe for pumpkin pudding, minced meat and tomatoes. This dish is ideal for dinner, it is prepared extremely quickly and easily, from ordinary ingredients. The whole family will be happy, enjoying this tasty and light pudding. We wish you good luck!
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 g hard cheese (optional)
Method of preparation
1. Fry the onion in the pan, add the minced meat, season with salt and pepper, add the tomato paste.
2. Grate the zucchini, salt and squeeze the juice.
4. Beat the eggs with sour cream, salt.
5. Grease the baking tin with oil, put half of the pumpkin, place the minced meat on top, then again a layer of pumpkin. Put the tomatoes. Pour the egg and cream mixture on top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
6. Bake the pudding in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Delicious pumpkin roll!
Pumpkin roll with chicken and cheese is delicious and useful. It is easy to prepare and quite fast!
-salt, ground black pepper - to taste
-3 tablespoons flour.
-400-450 g of minced chicken
1. Prepare the filling: fry the minced chicken on the dry pan until ready, stirring constantly.
2. Transfer the cooked meat to a deep bowl. Allow to cool completely.
3.Then add the cheese given through the large grater. Stir.
4. Prepare the worktop: put the zucchini through the large grater and place them in a bowl. Mix them with a teaspoon of salt and set them aside for 10-15 minutes to release their juice.
5. Break the eggs into another bowl. Beat them with a fork or fork until smooth, adding salt and ground black pepper to taste in them.
6. Then squeeze the grated zucchini well with your hands, to separate them from the juice released by them and add them to the beaten eggs. Stir.
7. Add the flour. Mix very well so that it does not remain lumpy.
8. Transfer the pumpkin composition to the standard oven tray, lined with baking paper. Spread it evenly.
9. Bake the top for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven to 200 ° C.
10. Allow the countertop to cool for 2-3 minutes, then spread the filling evenly over its surface, leaving one of the short edges free (about 7-8 cm).
11. Roll the top into a roll with baking paper, starting from the short edge, which is covered with filling.
12. Wrap the roll in baking paper and bake for another 15 minutes, so that the cheese in the filling melts and it becomes firmer.
13. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Then remove it from the baking paper.
How to make walnut sauce
As I said before, it is a very simple recipe and in a few minutes we can have this wonderful walnut sauce ready to taste the way we want.
- 200 grams of nuts.
- A nest of garlic
- 100 grams of Grana Padano grated cheese.
- 200 grams of liquid cream.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- A few basil leaves.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- A little salt
Method of preparation:
The ideal would be to find nuts already free of shell.
If this did not happen, we would start by cascading the shells and extracting the nuts.
Fry the walnuts, finely chop the clove of garlic and basil that we have previously washed.
In the mixer we put all the ingredients on top and add oil, cheese, cream, pepper and salt.
We already have this refined walnut sauce ready with which we will accompany the dishes we like the most.
Musaca: pumpkin in Greek
Layers of pumpkin, minced meat with sauce, cheese and a creamy layer of sour cream sauce create a fabulous pumpkin bite.
- 2-3 kg of pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium-sized onions, cut
- 1 kg of minced beef / lamb
- 3 cups of very ripe tomatoes, cut and kept in their own juice
- or breadcrumbs
- sea salt (coarse) - to taste
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon (optional - if you like this spice)
- 2 bay leaves
- a quarter teaspoon of various spices (you can try dried vegetables, prepared at home)
- 6-8 whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons of broth
- bechamel sauce (or a simple rantas with sour cream and flour)
- a cup of grated cheese (parmesan, plain cheese)
1. To prepare this recipe pumpkin bite, start by putting a pan on the stove over low heat.
2. When the pan has heated up, put 2 tablespoons of oil and cook over medium heat. With a wooden spoon, fry the onions until they become soft and somewhat golden. Add the minced meat and continue to stir and fry until the meat turns brown. Add the tomatoes, half the amount of breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, cinnamon (if you decide to use it for a pumpkin bite with a more Mediterranean aroma), bay leaves, spice mixture, cloves, wine and broth and mix well. Reduce the flame, cover and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, between 45 minutes and an hour.
Note: If there is still liquid in the pan, continue to simmer without leaving it covered, stirring so that it does not stick to the pan, until the mixture is as dry as possible - it is essential that this mixture is as dry as possible. that the final recipe has the ideal consistency.
3. When the mixture has reached the ideal consistency, remove the bay leaves and cloves and remove from the heat, leaving it uncovered until ready to use.
4. While the mixture is cooking on low heat, prepare the bechamel sauce (or a cream sauce with flour - put the cream in a bowl and incorporate the flour and a double amount of milk without letting the mixture until it becomes homogeneous and let it boil to thicken).
5. Lightly fry the zucchini slices until lightly browned.
6. Heat the oven. Grease a pan with oil and sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumbs on the bottom. First put a layer of pumpkin and spread the meat sauce on them. Cover with the rest of the pumpkin and carefully pour the rest of the bechamel sauce.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, then sprinkle the cheese and continue cooking for another 15-30 minutes, until golden.
Take out the delicious pumpkin bite (called "moussaka" in Greek) from the oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes. Traditionally, it is not eaten hot, but warm and is delicious the next day.
It is usually served with a side salad, crispy bread and a delicious red wine.
It is a welcome change from the classic recipe pumpkin bite and you can enjoy this delicacy in any season, because it can be so easy to reinterpret: in the light, fasting version or with all the "calories included".
Lasagna with pumpkin Keto / Low Carb
You probably remember my last ones recipes inspired by lasagna, it is not like that? I was telling you the other day how excited I was when I found some recipes that improvise based on the classic lasagna recipe and, just when I thought the fun was over, I was inspired to prepare another simple and healthy dish.
Yes, yes, it's about lasagna with zucchini!
Why do you like it so much classic lasagna? Because it is made from layers of perfect flavors, delicious sauce of tomatoes, spices and Mediterranean herbs & hellip and it is so creamy that it looks like it was created in Heaven!
Okay, but what's the downside of lasagna? I tell you: carbohydrates. Easter = many, many carbohydrates, unfortunately. And while that doesn't stop me from enjoying a serving of vegetarian or vegan lasagna (much more often) than I should, sometimes I feel bad.
I think about all those empty calories and wonder if I should have opted for something more nutritious and healthier. It happens to you with certain dishes, doesn't it?
That's why I was so excited when I created the recipe for lasagna with cabbage leaves since last week. You remember her, don't you? It was simply delicious!
But then something unexpected happened: I discovered another very healthy lasagna recipe, this time with a new super healthy main element: zucchini.
I decided I had to try the recipe until I perfected it and it turned out super delicious every time! I knew immediately that I had to share this recipe with you, so that everyone could enjoy this good and healthy dish. & # 128578
Of course, there is nothing wrong with a portion of vegetarian or vegan lasagna from time to time. It is delicious and very filling and, let's be serious - it's not the worst thing we could eat, is it? Even if the lasagna preparation takes a while, it seems to me a relatively simple recipe to make.
Well, unlike the evenings when I eat lasagna, when I enjoy a meal with a low carbohydrate content I feel better, as if I took an important first step towards a diet to help me lose extra pounds . We should all try to eat a low carb meal at least once a week & ndash your body will thank you!
Let's go back to today's recipe. Know that just because the recipe contains pumpkin instead of pasta, that doesn't mean you have to compromise on taste.
The only difference you have to keep in mind is that we will use pumpkin instead of pasta & ndash and if you like pumpkin, this should not be a problem.
We will not give up either the creamy texture or the delicious flavors. So trust me, as you have already done with so many other recipes and you will not be disappointed, I promise!
The steps for preparing this recipe are the same as when preparing a normal lasagna (or a vegetarian one). The preparation of pumpkins is also very simple. All you have to do is wash the zucchini, cut them into thin & ldquopanglici & rdquo, and then drain the excess water.
To make sure you get the perfect texture, I recommend putting the zucchini slices on the grill a little, about a minute on each side. This little trick will give you an extra flavor and a wonderful texture!
So, even if you are on a diet, this recipe will help you reduce carbohydrates in a very simple and tasty way! I've heard many people say that eating healthy means eating only tasteless, boring dishes. Well, nothing is more untrue! & # 128578 This recipe is the first example I have. It is super delicious, but also healthy!
Many of the pumpkin lasagna recipes you will find online contain meat and cheese as the main ingredients. Delicious, I know, but I decided to adapt this recipe to fit a lifestyle and a vegan diet. So, if you are looking for a recipe for lasagna with pumpkin without meat and without dairy for this preparation, you are in the right place!
So go to the kitchen, follow the instructions below and you will get an amazing meal in a short time, ready to be shared with friends or family. Ah, did I mention that this recipe is also perfect for meal prep? You can prepare it on a quiet Sunday and you will have enough portions to be consumed in the following week.
As usual, don't forget to tell me what you thought of the recipe, I'm very curious to find out! I enjoy cooking!