- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Garlic chicken
An easy Thai-inspired marinade for chicken with fresh ginger, lime juice, red chilli and garlic. The chicken needs to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight to get the best flavour.
55 people made this
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh root ginger
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 120ml water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 6 chicken breast fillets
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:4hr marinating › Ready in:4hr35min
- Combine the garlic, ginger, lime rind, lime juice, crushed chilli flakes, water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and place the chicken in the sauce, turning several times to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the barbecue for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Barbecue chicken over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 80 degrees C. Discard any remaining marinade.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(49)
Reviews in English (35)
by Linda T
This was very tasty. I marinated this for about 24 hours in a big Ziploc bag, shaking it up every once in awhile. I followed the recipe, with the only modification being a bit more red pepper. I baked this in the oven, covered, instead of grilling and it was very tender and moist. I served this with some rice and veggies one night and the next night diced the chicken up in an Asian Stir Fry. I'll keep this in my recipe box.-26 Dec 2003
I really liked this marinate. i tried it on chicken quarters marinating for over 8 hours. you cou see the mairinate in the chicken and the falvor was unbeatable.-21 May 2000