We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Pasta types
Spaghetti is tossed with white wine, shiitake mushrooms, marinated artichokes and capers. Serve for lunch or a light dinner with a hunk of crusty bread, slathered in butter.
25 people made this
- 450g spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 450g fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 125ml white wine
- 2 1/3 (290g) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large heavy frying pan over low heat; sweat garlic and shallots until they start to become aromatic. Increase heat to medium and add mushrooms and thyme; saute until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Deglaze pan with wine and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in artichokes and capers and simmer 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour mushroom mixture over pasta and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(27)
Reviews in English (23)
I recently submitted this recipe, and just wanted to add that f the pasta seems dry, add a little olive oil or vegetable stock. Non-vegans can top with freshly-grated romano cheese for a delicious dish. Non-vegetarians can add chicken and bits of crisy bacon or pancetta for a recipe closer to the original version. Anyway you make it, it's delicious!-24 Oct 2000
In addition to being stunning in its presentation, this was also full of rich and lively flavor. And what an interesting and creative blend of ingredients! I followed the recipe without deviating from it at all (except for using fresh thyme) and was rewarded well. This was excellent, a great side dish for our prime rib along with "Broccoli Rabe with Roasted Peppers," also from this site.-18 Dec 2011