- Seafood pasta
- Salmon pasta
Fettucine is tossed with a creamy sauce, salmon, green peppers and topped with crumbled blue cheese. Serve with a slice of garlic bread or salad.
10 people made this
- 225g dry fettuccine noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 70g pitted kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 (418g) tin red salmon, drained
- 225g reduced fat soured cream
- 225g low fat natural yoghurt
- 55g blue cheese, crumbled
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat. Saute onion and pepper until onion is soft and translucent. Add dried Italian herbs and kalamata olives. Stir in lemon juice and cook 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Stir in salmon, soured cream, yoghurt and blue cheese. Toss with cooked pasta until evenly coated.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (4)
by Shelly Domke
I took a small bite after mixing it with the pasta and threw it out. Waste of ingredients I bought especially for this recipe. Terrible.-18 Oct 2006
Got great reviews with the family. A good dish and not a whole lot of work. Be sure to de-bone the canned salmon! (I didn't realize it came with bones.) Feel free to add more of an ingredient according to your taste. A little extra blue cheese as topping would be a bonus.-09 Oct 2006
I made this the other night and the only thing I would suggest is to go for fresh salmon when you make it, and be prepared to use extra Parmesan cheese to keep the sauce from getting too soupy. Other than that it was delicious and there weren't any leftovers!-01 Jan 2010