- Dish type
- Chocolate cheesecake
A delicious dairy-free cheesecake flavoured with rum and chocolate. Serve sliced with fresh berries, if you wish.
28 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 23cm round cheesecake
- 170g ground almonds
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 150g margarine
- 340g firm tofu
- 100g demerara sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 125ml soya milk
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr15min ›Extra time:6hr chilling › Ready in:7hr45min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. In a medium bowl, combine ground almonds and wholemeal flour. Cut in margarine until a dough is formed. Press dough into the bottom and half-way up the sides of a 23cm round springform pan.
- In a liquidiser or food processor, crumble the tofu. Add sugar, cocoa, oil, soya milk, rum and vanilla. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour filling into base.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 75 minutes or until filling is set. Allow to cool on a rack and then chill thoroughly in refrigerator before attempting to remove from the pan.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Watch our video to see how to make the easiest no-bake chocolate cheesecake ever! Watch now!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (14)
This is a TERRIBLE recipe!!! dont do it! Ingedience for this recipe is just unnecessary consider all the effort you go to and all you get is a fridge cake. Yes that's right, simple melted chocolate and a few tea biscuit FRIDGE CAKE. Except you have to pay out for expensive ingredient and stupidly complicated cooking methods. I don't know why I didn't realise before, since I had previously made a fantastic cheese cake using tofu that simply had you set the cake in a fridge for a few hours. My best advice is to look out for a cheese cake recipe similar to the first fantastic one I ever made. It just takes some tofu some yummy ingredient and a few biscuits. serious don't use this recipe.-22 Feb 2013
While I'm not a fan of "not cheesecake" this worked for my guests. As for the design...split your batter before adding your flavor so you end up with vanilla and ... Pour one cup into the pan, follow it with opposite color and repeat till you are out of batter. I crumbed the sides-it really polishes it off.-15 Nov 2006