- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
- Baked potato
A delicious roast potato recipe using flavours of the Mediterranean. These potatoes go well with roasted meat.
161 people made this
- 900g red potatoes, chopped
- 275g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 30g fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- In the prepared baking dish, toss the potatoes, tomatoes, basil and garlic with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the rosemary.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally until tender.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(126)
Reviews in English (98)
by Rain Audiart
The potatoes turn out great with basil and rosemary. But 400F is far too hot to ever expose basil to, not to mention for 30 minutes. The basil is best added 10 minutes prior to taking out of the oven, and the tomatoes do best at 350F.-04 Aug 2006
by SOMETHING SPECIAL
I love any roasted potatoe!, but I always 'par boil first' it cuts cooking time and keeps the inside moist and the outside crisp and this is the key to not overcooking other added vegies etc.-12 Aug 2006
by Mary Stephenson
Very nice.Used very small reds, cut in half and steamed for 10 minutes. Put on low sided foil covered baking sheet and drizzled with garlic infused EVOO.Cut fresh grape tomatoes in half and tossed with potatoes, fresh basil and oil. Roasted at 425 deg. for 15 minutes on next lowest rack in oven. Tossed on the fresh chopped rosemary and back in oven for another 5 min. Before eating added more fresh basil and a grind of salt and fresh black pepper.Served with steamed fresh shrimp and roasted fresh corn.Steaming and roasting times can vary--they do for me.-13 Aug 2006