- Dish type
- Baked cheesecake
An ultra soft and creamy cheesecake filling sits on a layer of light sponge cake. An excellent treat anytime of the day.
20 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 16 bars
- 520g sponge cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 115g butter flavoured margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 60g pecans, chopped
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 420g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:35min ›Extra time:2hr cooling › Ready in:2hr45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 23x33cm or similar baking tin.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 2 eggs, melted margarine, milk and chopped pecans. Mix with fork or at low speed of electric mixer until cake mix is moistened. Turn into tin. Spread evenly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread evenly over cake base.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Edges and top will be light golden brown and will have a slightly shiny appearance. Cool completely, then cut into squares.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(21)
Reviews in English (15)
I've made this recipe a few times now. I've found that a few changes really make this better.Use the pudding cake mix.Use 2 8oz packages of cream cheese (the whipped cream cheese was MUCH easier to work with)3 eggs4 cups of sugarWith those changes, the topping was much creamier, and the pudding based cake mix kept the bottom layer very moist, held together over all a lot better.Also, found that if you let this cool and settle 12-24 hours before presentation, it's just that much better.A very good recipe!! Always gets compliments and never a bite left.-15 Jun 2005
by MISS LULU
I did not like these bars at all. But, some people who tried them really liked them. The bars are not at all like cheesecake, so the name is very misleading. I thought they tasted like extremely sweet cream cheese frosting on a crust. Too much sugar and not enough cream cheese.-10 Sep 2001
My husband is not a dessert person and rarely eats sweets, but he loved this. He tells his friends that I try new recipes but don't make them often enough. My teenage children loved it also. Thanks for a great recipe!-14 Jul 2001