- Dish type
- Pumpkin cheesecake
A baked cheesecake that tastes a little like the American pumpkin pie. Two ready made pastry cases are filled with a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and spices and then baked.
87 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 2 20cm round cheesecakes
- 450g cream cheese
- 150g caster sugar
- 425g pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 prepared 20cm pastry cases
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:50min ›Extra time:1hr5min › Ready in:2hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar, add the pumpkin and the spices. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add salt. Beat until creamy. Pour the batter evenly into the pastry cases.
- Bake at for 50 minutes or until the knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool then top with whipped cream, if desired
Can be purchased online.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(91)
Reviews in English (70)
I made some changes to this recipe to make it suitable for my husband who is diabetic. I used splenda and added just a touch of vanilla extract. I also baked it in a single deep dish crust instead of 2 regular. It was very good, even our non-diabetic friends enjoyed it. It was very fluffy and light and had a nice smooth consistency. We added a dollop of sugar free cool whip and a few chopped pecans before serving. I will definitely make this recipe again.-12 Nov 2006
This is excellent. I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, add 1/4 tsp. ground cloves, 3 1/2 Tbsp. flour & 4 Tbsp. milk. Adding flour gives the cheesecake structure. Since I prefer my cheesecake a little firmer, this works well and for those with the same preference, you may want to try this. I served this dessert for Easter and it went over very well with many compliments received. Good post!-12 Apr 2007
Fabulous! I liked it better than regular pumpkin pie. I used low fat cream cheese too! My family seemed disappointed when they heard there was no regular pumpkin pie, but after tasting it they were very impressed!!-23 Nov 2001