- Meat and poultry
- Fried chicken
Mini chicken fillets are dipped in egg, coated with mashed potato flakes (which work just as well as breadcrumbs) then pan-fried they are until golden, crunchy and delicious.
78 people made this
- 125ml vegetable oil for frying
- 350ml milk
- 1 egg
- 215g instant mashed potato
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 675g chicken mini-fillets
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating, beat the milk and egg together in a bowl. In another bowl, stir together the instant mash, garlic granules, salt and pepper.
- Stir the chicken mini-fillets with the milk mixture to coat thoroughly, then shake off excess milk and dip each piece of chicken into the dry mashed potato mix. Place the breaded chicken into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on kitchen roll.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(102)
Reviews in English (86)
by Paula H
Just tried these for the first time, they are possibly the best chicken tenders I have ever made. I used "Idahoan Roasted Garlic" mashed potato mix which is better tasting than many of the others. I ended up having enough to cover two lbs of meat, but they are so good that was fine with me. Next time I will cut the salt back to 1 & 1/2 teaspoon, but other than that I love these! Thank you for posting. :-)PS I used a light olive oil, worked great.**Update, just made for second time. Added 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder & 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to the flakes. They were even better. After removing chicken, you can pour the left over milk in the frying pan, add flour & make gravy. Yum.-02 Jan 2011
This tastes great but I don't like frying so I baked it. It was great. I used instant loaded baked potatoes and added shredded cheddar cheese to mix. Covered the baking pan with a thin layer of olive oil. Placed coated chicken strips on pan bake on 350 degrees for 10 min then turn chicken over bake another 10 min. No frying and it was loved by the whole family.-20 Aug 2013
These turned out FANTASTIC! Everyone in my house loved it. I actually didn't use garlic flavored. I just used buttery flavored instant mashed potato packets. It was good without all the garlic in my opinion. They were crunchy, juicy, and perfect!-14 Mar 2010