- Dish type
- Main course
- Stew and casserole
A stew originating from the Phillipines, consisting of pork, pig's liver and potatoes cooked in a rich tomato sauce. Serve as a substantial meal.
10 people made this
- 1kg boneless pork, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 900g pig's liver
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:1hr
- Place the pork in a large saucepan; pour enough water into the pan to cover the pork. Stir the soy sauce and lemon juice into the water. Bring the mixture to the boil for 5 minutes. Remove the meat and set aside. Discard the liquid.
- Refill the pan with fresh water; add the pork liver and bring to the boil for about 5 minutes. Remove the liver and allow to cool; cut into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; fry the potatoes in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes to a plate lined with kitchen towels. Add 2 more tablespoons olive oil to the frying pan and allow to get hot. Cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the pork and pork liver to the frying pan; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir the tomatoes into the mixture; cook together, stirring occasionally, another 5 minutes. Return the potatoes to the frying pan with the green pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir another 5 minutes.