- Seafood pasta
- Salmon pasta
- Smoked salmon pasta
A deliciously quick pasta recipe, which is made by tossing together fresh pasta with cream, smoked salmon, caviar and parsley. Serve with a crisp green salad for a substantial meal.
11 people made this
- 450g fresh linguine pasta (or any other shape you prefer)
- 250ml cream
- 115g smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper or to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black caviar
- 1 bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:20min › Ready in:40min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small saucepan, over medium-low heat. Stir in the smoked salmon and season with nutmeg and black pepper if desired. Stir frequently until thickened.
- Place drained pasta into a large serving bowl. Pour the cream sauce over the pasta and add the caviar. Toss gently until some of the caviar has broken and colours the pasta slightly. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of parsley.
Do not add any salt until you are sure that the saltiness of the smoked salmon and caviar are not enough for your taste.
If you want to seek out higher quality caviar, you will find in specialised delis and online. Otherwise black lumpfish "caviar" will work just as well.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (6)
The salt note is important. I made this two times. The second time I just used fresh salmon and seasoned to taste. Relly good recipe!!!!-07 Apr 2008
The taste was good. I was afraid it would be too salty from the salmon and caviar, but it was not. I had to add some salt. I made it for a special occasion - was not disappointed - just expected something more.-09 Mar 2006
Fresh, flavorful and easy; that's what makes this dish so successful. We smoked our own salmon and freshly grated nutmeg was a nice touch. I will make again.-24 Feb 2013