The fresher the trout, the better the flavour.
26 people made this
- 1 trout, cleaned and head removed
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat barbecue for medium-high heat.
- Line the cavity of the fish with slices of garlic and slices of lemon. Stuff the fresh basil and rosemary inside. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap the fish in foil, and set on wire rack over the barbecue.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes over direct heat, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove herbs and lemon from the fish. Hold the fish up by it's spine, and comb the meat from the bones using a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(26)
Reviews in English (23)
I didn't have all the fresh herbs, so I just used a good handful of parsley. I doubled the garlic because I had a big fish. 20 minutes was the perfect amount of time. Thanks for sharing.-28 Feb 2009
This was wonderful! :o) The lemon gets all caramely, the herbs are fresh & the grill flavor comes thru in the flavor of the fish. I brined the fish for 20 min. to ensure it would turn out moist & I was blown away that fish on the grill could turn out this way! The brine was 2 c. water, 1 Tbsp kosher salt, 1 tsp. sugar, for 20 min. Sprayed the grill and both sides of the outside of the fish with Pam....no tin-foil needed! Cooked perfectly without falling apart. Thank you, will definitely use this again!-28 Jul 2010