We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
This super-easy flatbread recipe, creates the most delicious wholemeal cracker-like bread. It's perfect when topped with butter, cheese or anything you fancy.
36 people made this
- 165g wholemeal flour
- 165g plain flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175ml buttermilk, room temperature
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:8min ›Ready in:23min
- In a large bowl combine the wholemeal flour, plain flour, oil, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add enough buttermilk to make a stiff dough.
- Knead dough for 30 seconds on a well-floured surface.
- Cover dough to prevent drying. Roll small handfuls of dough into balls and pat into a flat circle. Using a rolling pin, flatten dough into 26cm circles. Place onto ungreased baking tray. Score pieces into pie shapes by running a knife along but not through dough. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack briefly before breaking along scored lines.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(24)
Reviews in English (21)
This was very easy and had a lovely flavour I cooked them in the oven, and after they were cooked and cooled I popped them back in a hit oven for a further cooking that made them drier they were very good served with baba ganouch-28 Apr 2014
by C. BASCHE
I was looking for a flat bread that was like Gyro bread. Cooking this in the oven made more of a cracker, so I decided to try it on a hot cast iron griddle on the stove. They came out wonderfully!! Just what I was looking for. I would up the salt to 1 teaspoon, a little bland.-03 Jun 2003
A good little, simple recipe. On my second batch, I left it in the oven for an extra tenminutes, and they became like little crackers that can keep for a long time!-26 May 2000