- Dish type
- Fruit starters
A delicious guacamole that my mum used to make during the summer when mangos were all over our hometown. It's sweet, tangy and like any good Mexican guacamole, spicy!
1 person made this
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 serrano chillis, or to taste
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 10g freshly chopped coriander
- 1 large mango - peeled, seeded, and chopped
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:1hr soaking › Ready in:1hr20min
- Combine the onion and the juice of 2 limes in a small bowl; allow the onion to soak in the lime juice for at least 1 hour. Strain and discard the excess juice. Set the onion aside.
- Grind the serrano chillis, juice of 2 limes and salt together in a food processor until no large chunks of pepper remain. Add 1 avocado and process until creamy and smooth; repeat with remaining avocados. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl; fold the onion, coriander and mango into the avocado mixture. Serve at room temperature.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(38)
Reviews in English (29)
Tasty enough ~ made this exactly as written except that I only used 1/2 the quantity of serrano, because it's hotter than jalapeno (usually). Surprisingly, though, the guac was mild! It would've been better if I'd cut mango into tiny pieces. I refuse to waste the onion-flavored lime juice - use it in another guac, in a Bloody Mary, in a salad dressing, or in an Indian mint/cilantro chutney!-09 Mar 2010
Delicious. I've had mango salsa before and wasn't a big fan. This, however, is SO much better, in my opinion. The mango flavor and texture blends very well with the rest of the ingredients. The ONLY thing I did differently was that I wanted to use my own peppers, so I added some of my own, dried, to the onion and lime and let it rehydrate them. I didn't have any fresh peppers other than jalapeno, and I didn't want to use those. Other than that, I followed the recipe, and won't change anything when I make it, again! Thank you.-06 Mar 2010
by Melissa Goff
This is a wow recipe. I made the mistake in not seeding the peppers before putting them in the food processor. WOW wholly Hot Chia-wa-wa!! But the sweetness of the mangos made a nice addition to flavor with the cilantro. I'd make this again but cut down on the pepper seeds. My 13 year old child loved it.-08 Mar 2010