- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Jerk chicken
This fusion pizza is bursting with flavour. Use chorizo instead of salami if desired.
16 people made this
- 1 green pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jerk paste, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 portobello mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 (150g) shop-bought pizza bases
- 1/2 (250g) jar pizza topping
- 100g thinly sliced salami
- 175g grated mozzarella cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:35min ›Extra time:15min cooling › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the grill. Brush the green pepper with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and place on a baking tray. Grill about 5 minutes on each side, until skin begins to scorch. Remove from heat, and seal in a plastic container for 15 minutes. Cut into strips, remove seeds, pulp and skin, then dice.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook the chicken 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Mix in the roasted green pepper, jerk paste, garlic and Portobello mushroom. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Place the pizza bases on a baking tray, and spread each with pizza topping. Arrange the salami, then the chicken mixture evenly over the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizza 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bases are golden brown.
For a crispier pizza base, pre-bake the bases for 5 to 10 minutes in a 180 C oven. Cool slightly and then top with pizza toppings and bake as stated.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (9)
This is my recipe, but I noticed the All Recipes people changed it a bit. To let you all know who want to try it I used German salami which is spicy. I also did not put the salami on top of the chicken I put it on top of the sauce. If you want a really spicy pizza sometimes I will put a hint of the jerk sauce in the pizza sauce as well.-19 Feb 2005
by Lady R loves to cook
This was good!!!. I made my own dough, used the exquisite pizza sauce fr this site. I omitted mushrooms and salami but added pinapples, bacon and cheddard cheese on top of the mozorella. It came out tasteful.-29 Feb 2008
by Alexandra A
This was so good. I couldn't find jerk sauce so used jerk seasoning instead. I also replaced the salami with bacon. This is a nice change to your typical pizza recipe.-31 Mar 2008