- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
There are so many versions of this buttery biscuit in countries around the world - Greece, Turkey, Russia to name a few. A lovely all-butter biscuit made with flour and almonds, then rolled in icing sugar.
276 people made this
- 350g unsalted butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 220g finely ground almonds
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 375g sifted plain flour
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar for rolling
MethodPrep:45min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:1hr › Ready in:2hr
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Cream butter in a bowl, gradually add icing sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy. Add almonds and vanilla. Blend in flour gradually and mix well.
- Shape into balls (or crescents) using about 1 teaspoon for each biscuit. Place on ungreased baking trays, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Do not brown. Cool slightly, then roll in the extra icing sugar.