- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
This recipe is simple to make, yet impressive. The marinade gives the fish a sweet taste that my family goes nuts for! If it's too cold out to barbecue it, you also may barbecue it.
338 people made this
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 (675g) salmon fillet
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:12min ›Extra time:20min marinating › Ready in:42min
- In a large self-closing plastic bag, combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice, honey and spring onion; mix well. Place salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove salmon from marinade, shake off excess and discard remaining marinade. Barbecue for 12 to 15 minutes per inch of thickness, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(426)
Reviews in English (286)
This sauce is absolutely gorgeous although I didn't have a barbecue, I made up the sauce and put it over the salmon and stuck it in the oven, Then when it was done, I drained the sauce and added cornflour to it, to thicken it and then drizzled it over the top of the salmon, absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for this recipe!-10 Jul 2012
Made this tonight and made it the same as previous review. Was so tasty. Next time I will use a bit less honey and add a teaspoon of chilli powder.-29 Dec 2014
delicious! marinated for a few hours and then broiled in the over for about 10 minutes. used fresh garlic instead of yucky powder. served with jasmine rice and the "japanese-style sesame green beans" from this website. leftovers were great too.-16 Feb 2008