- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Tomato salad
This is the Greek salad as we all know and love it. If you want really good flavour, allow the salad to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
68 people made this
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 70g whole, pitted Kalamata olives
- 150g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- In a medium bowl, layer cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, pepper, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, then drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Greek salad tips
Find out the secret to a perfect Greek salad every time with our How to make a Greek salad guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(69)
Reviews in English (47)
This was another great salad. I left out the olives, and it still worked for me. I had to add lettuce, even though I know traditional Greek salads don't use it.-23 Jan 2006
This was just ok for me. I made exactly as written except I substituted chopped black olives for the Kalamata olives. The salad looked great until I added the oregano. 2 T was way too much and the salad didn't really need 2 T of olive oil either. Next time I make it, I'll decrease both the oregano and the olive oil. I made this for a Greek-themed girl's night and ended up with a lot of leftovers that we threw away.-09 Sep 2006