- Popular collections
- Everyday cooking
This recipe makes plenty of addictive buttery pecans to snack on. You need to use good quality salted butter.
65 people made this
- 250g (9 oz) salted butter, melted
- 800g (1 3/4 lb) pecans
- salt to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 140 C / Gas mark 1.
- Pour the butter into a medium bowl, and mix in the pecans. Stir until the pecans are well coated.
- Arrange coated pecans in a single layer on one or two medium baking trays. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cool and store in covered containers.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(49)
Reviews in English (39)
by Kate Holmgreen
I've been making these for years- only 4 stars, because the butter content is too high.Use 1 stick per 5 cups of pecans...melt thebutter in a shallow glass dish in the oven.Stir in a dash of garlic powder. Add nuts, stirgently until coated. Remove to baking pan with a SLOTTED spoon, to remove excess butter. Bake & shake every 10 minutes untildone to your taste. Enjoy!-27 Nov 2005
I thought these were great. I only had them in the oven about 25 minutes before they started looking like they were burning. My oven is off quite a bit though. Just peek at them every 10 minutes the first time you make them. My husband thought they were a little too rich to eat on their own, but is taking some to work to put on his salad. I might experiment with some additional seasonings next time. Garlic salt or parmesan would be great. Definitely a keeper.-08 Jul 2001
I made these last Christmas for myself and friends. They were delicious and easy - I do suggest that you keep an eye on them in order to keep them from getting overdone.-02 Aug 2002