- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Sweet pies and tarts
- Fruit pies and tarts
- Key lime pie
Zesty, easy and better than cheesecake. I, however, used normal limes, because they were easier to find at my supermarket and it still turned out great.
London, England, UK
31 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 (23cm) key lime pie
- 200g unsalted butter
- 375g plain digestive biscuits, crushed
- 8 large limes
- 570ml double cream
- 1 (397g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 85g crème fraîche
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:2hr30min chilling › Ready in:2hr50min
- Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the crushed biscuits. Lightly press into the base of a 23cm deep loose-bottomed cake tin and place in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Grate the zest of 3 limes and set aside. Slice 1 lime as thin as possible and set aside. Juice the remaining 7 limes into a large bowl or the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the cream and condensed milk and whisk for 4 minutes. Add the lime zest to the mixture and lightly stir with a wooden spoon.
- Take the biscuit base out of the fridge and use a spatula to transfer the cream mixture onto the biscuit base.
- Decorate with a dollop of crème fraîche and thin lime slices at regular intervals.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
'Appy daze see easy - don't have to use crème fraîche if you haven't got it. It's good with or without.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (5)
Very Nice!!! Using chocolate digestives in lieu of digestives as it gives a bit more of a kick-07 May 2014
Tasty full of favour and easy-22 Jan 2013
Simple, easy and quick! Made with lemons as I had no limes ... gorgeous!-14 Dec 2013